Virat Kohli To Step Down As India's T20I Captain After The T20 World Cup

    

Image Source : Google

 Virat Kohli has decided to hang up his boots as captain of Indian T20I cricket team. He has posted this info on his Social Media pages. He will continue to captain the side in Tests and ODIs.

    In his statement he has mentioned that this decision has come after a long thought and discussion with senior players and team management. Statement also features Rohit Sharma and Ravi Shastri's name. Just Yesterday I posted about this issue and felt that Virat Kohli should be given some leeway, because he has done a good job in captaining the T20 side of India.

    But it's not to be he has decided to move on and serve the team as batsman in T20Is. In my personal opinion I'm a bit disappointed in this decision but Virat knows what he is doing. Nothing against Rohit Sharma he has proven his metal in IPL as captain. So hopefully this turns out to be a good decision. But as it generally happens, people miss certain players after they go away. I hope this is not the same case.

    Having said all that this is end of an Era in terms of Virat's T20I captaincy. He is a tough and aggressive captain, one of the best players of all time.

Post a Comment

0 Comments